Have you lost your keystore file or forgot the password of keystore?
The keystore that you have lost google calls it “upload key”. Follow the instructions to generate a new key. In the following command don’t forget to change the path of upload-keystore.jks file.
- keytool -genkey -v -keystore C:\Users\aizaz\StudioProjects\your_app_name \android\app \upload-keystore.jks -storetype JKS -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000 -alias upload
Reference the keystore from the app
- Create a file named [project]/android/key.properties that contains a reference to your keystore & paste the following code:
Keep the key.properties file private:
- Don’t forget to add into .gitignore
Export the certificate for that key to PEM format:
- keytool -export -rfc -keystore C:\\Users\\haide\\StudioProjects\\edge-focus-mobile\\android\\app\\upload-keystore.jks -alias upload -file C:\\Users\\aizaz\\StudioProjects\\edge-focus-mobile\\android\\app\\upload_certificate.pem
Once you have generated a PEM file please follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play Account as Owner
- Go to Setup > App integrity > App Signing
- “Request Upload key reset” this button will be visible only when you login as owner
- Give a reason why you’re requesting a key reset
- Upload PEM file
- Click Request
- Google will reset the key & after 48 hours you can upload new release of the app.