5 Top Tools for Test Automation of Mobile Applications
Test automation is the use of software to control the execution of tests, the comparison of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes, and the setting up of test preconditions. Test automation of mobile applications is a technique used to test mobile apps by writing and executing automated test scripts on a mobile device or emulator.
There are several tools available for test automation of mobile applications, each with its own unique features and capabilities. Some popular test automation tools for mobile applications include:
- Appium: Appium is an open-source tool for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS and Android platforms. It supports multiple programming languages and uses the WebDriver protocol to communicate with the app.
- Robotium: Robotium is an open-source tool for automating native and hybrid Android apps. It uses the Java programming language and can be integrated with continuous integration systems.
- Calabash: Calabash is an open-source tool for automating native and hybrid iOS and Android apps. It uses the Ruby programming language and supports both automated and exploratory testing.
- Experitest: Experitest is a commercial tool for automating the testing of native and hybrid iOS and Android apps. It supports multiple programming languages and integrates with other tools in the Experitest software suite.
- Perfecto: Perfecto is a commercial tool for automating the testing of native and hybrid iOS and Android apps. It supports multiple programming languages and integrates with other tools in the Perfecto software suite.
In addition to these tools, there are many other options available for test automation of mobile applications. Some factors to consider when selecting a test automation tool include the type of mobile app being tested, the programming languages and frameworks being used, and the budget and resources available.
Regardless of the tool chosen, test automation can significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of testing mobile apps. By automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks, teams can focus on more important work, such as identifying and fixing defects and improving the overall quality of the app.